Dinner is served! As I am typing this I am so sad that these are all eaten and I don’t have any leftovers. When I saw these meatballs in a magazine I knew I was going to make them right that same very day. And I did! If you like meatballs if you like buffalo wings you are going to love these buffalo chicken wing meatballs! I mean really love them! The recipe in Fun and Festive Christmas Woman’s Day Specials had these meatballs as an appetizer.
They certainly would make a great party appetizer, especially for a football party. Wings and football kinda go together, like PB&J. Since I was not having a big party this night and it was just going to be 3 people eating I paired down the amounts and decided to make sandwiches out of them. My Husband goes Bezerko over Meatball Grinders. To anyone who does not live in Southern Connecticut, that means huge meatballs, insane amounts of marinara sauce, oodles of bubbling cheese all on an oversized submarine roll.
Heart attack on a plate and not very appetizing to look at. Yet this is his favorite food. We can be at a very expensive Italian Restaurant and he will ask if they have this even if it is not on the menu! Every time he does this I want to crawl under the table in embarrassment! So now that I have found a healthier option and quite frankly a tastier option he can have as many of these sandwiches that his little tummy desires!
Read Also:- Dressed Up Mac and Cheese Soup Recipe
This recipe has its own Blue Cheese sauce, it made so much that I used the leftover sauce as salad dressing all week in my lunches to work. I used Whole Wheat rolls and baked oven waffle fries to complete the meal! Now, all we needed was a good football game!
This recipe is adapted from Woman’s Day
Buffalo Wing Hoagies Recipe
- For the Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 tbsp each salt, pepper and garlic and onion powder
- 1/8 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce divided
- For the Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce:
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat free mayo
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup finely diced green onion whites and greens
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Whisk the egg in a large mixing bowl
- add the chicken, bread crumbs, seasonings and celery
- mix to combine
- add half of the wing sauce
- make 1 inch meatballs and place on a foil lined cookie sheet
- bake at 350 for 25-30 min
- when done toss meatballs in remaining wing sauce
- For the Blue Cheese Sauce:
- whisk all ingredients in a bowl
- you can make these into sandwiches like I did or double this recipe for a great party appetizer!
Leave a Reply