Welcome to the Most Popular Mexican Recipe on the Blog!
I love Mexican Food! These Cheese and Onion Enchiladas taste just like restaurant-made. You don’t have to go out to eat anymore! Follow The Latest Kitchen Ideas on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! I’d love to connect with you!
I am not joking when I say how much I love Mexican food. I seriously could eat it 7 days a week and never tire of it!!! No Joke! I always like to get a sample platter because it’s too hard for me to choose. I always get a Cheese and Onion Enchilada in my sample platter. It truly is one of my favorites. Now I bring the Mexican Restaurant to your kitchen!
Read Also:- Honey Raspberry Chicken Skewers Recipe
So Cheesy! I think that is one of the allures of Mexican Food. Cheese, cheese, and more cheese. I love it all melty and stringy and oh so yummy.
I used mild shredded cheddar and white onion. I think that white onions taste the best when cooked. It’s just a personal preference, feel free to use a yellow onion if you prefer. I think one day I will venture on making my own enchilada sauce but for right now I use a store brand. I use mild but you can spice it up if you like! I also use white corn tortillas, again just a personal preference.
The color on the pictures turned out a little on the orange side. I guess it’s from all that cheddar cheese! This would be a great addition to Taco Tuesday’s or just perfect as the main dish.
What is your favorite Mexican Food?
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 of a large onion diced small
- 6-8 taco sized corn tortillas
- 1 14 oz can of enchilada sauce
- preheat oven to 350
- in a 9×13 baking dish spread a small amount of the sauce to cover the bottom
- on one tortilla sprinkle about 3 tbsp of the cheese and 1 tsp of the onion
- roll up tightly and place seam side down in the sauce
- repeat until all the tortillas are used
- pour the remaining sauce all over the rolled-up enchiladas
- sprinkle the remaining cheese overall
- if you have any leftover onions sprinkle them also
- cover with foil and bake for 30 min
- remove the foil and bake for 10 min more
- Serve immediately
Leave a Reply