Cinnamon Streusel Banana Bread just might be the most perfect loaf of Banana Bread I have ever made. Long-time readers know how much I love Banana Bread and finding new and fun ways to make it just makes me so happy!
I shared this photo along with another and had a vote as to which one would make the cover photo. As you can see this is the Winner! I bet you just can’t wait to get in the kitchen and bake this up so you can shove it in your mouth as fast as possible!
This is the runner-up. So did the right picture win?
This bread is part banana bread, part coffee cake and it is completely the best of both worlds! You will go crazy for that amazing sugary cinnamony coffee cake topping. My grandmother put a streusel topping on just about all her baked goods and I used her topping recipe for this bread.
Read Also:- Eggnog Quick Bread Recipe
Just a bit of flour, butter, sugar, and cinnamon and you have the best Streusel topping that you have ever seen!
Now to make this bread even more stuff in your mouth worthy I put cinnamon chocolate chips in here!
What?! That’s right Cinnamon Chocolate Chips! I bet you didn’t even think it could get any better. Well, I am serious when I say this is just about the most perfect Banana Bread you will ever make.
Just look at all that cinnamony goodness baked right in and on top! I hope you have bananas ready to go. If not that’s ok. I don’t always wait until my bananas are super ripe. Leave it in the skin and start to mush and squish it while sealed. When you open it up it will be just as ready as an overripe banana. Actually, since I have been making my bread this way I feel as if they bake up better and have a better banana taste. I know that you and your family are going to love this and it will become your new favorite bread also!
This is the Latest Kitchen Ideas Original Recipe. Please Feel Free to make and share. All content and photos are copyrighted.
- 1 3/4 cups AP Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking POWDER
- 1/2 tsp baking SODA
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 overripe bananas mashed
- 5 tbs softened butter
- 2 tbs milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cinnamon chocolate chips (I used Hershey’s)
- For the Streusel:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter cut into small squares
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- preheat oven to 350
- grease a loaf pan with butter, not non-stick spray
- in a mixing bowl mix together
- the flour, the baking soda, powder, sugar, and salt
- add the mashed bananas, butter, and milk mix on low
- then add the eggs one at a time mixing on high
- don’t overbeat or your bread will not come out all nice and fluffy
- fold in the chocolate chips and caramel morsels
- In a separate bowl:
- place all the streusel ingredients
- using your hands or a pastry cutter work all the butter into the flour and sugar until you have little crumbles
- sprinkle and pile crumble topping all over the top of the dough
- Don’t be afraid to pile it on high
- bake for 50-55 min or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle
- cool in pan for 1 hour then turn over slowly and gently remove the loaf
- cool on a wire rack completely before slicing
- bake for 50-55 min
- set pan on a wire rack and cool completely
- once cool turn bread out gently
Leave a Reply