Christmas morning Breakfast right here! Nothing says Christmas like cranberries and eggnog. These sweet rolls have a soft sweet dough, a gooey cranberry filling, and eggnog frosting. Cranberry Eggnog Sweet Rolls are the best way to start the day!
Sweet rolls are one of my favorite things to bake. I love how the dough comes together and how soft and springy it is. I know that some of you feel that yeast dough is daunting. I will walk you through all my tips and tricks and step-by-step printable directions in the recipe. I guarantee that you will have success and love working with yeast.
These Cranberry Eggnog Sweet Rolls were one of my favorites for sure. I am certain that you will make these for breakfast very soon indeed!
Read Also:- Manly Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Just look at how beautiful these rolls are! The eggnog frosting is to die for good. Perfect for Christmas morning or anytime you want to start the day off sweet. You can use the leftovers from your Holiday Cranberry Sauce recipe or from canned pie filling or even just canned cranberry sauce.
Working with yeast dough is not as hard as you think. Remember time-consuming doesn’t mean hard, it just means you need to budget a little more time. One good thing is that while the dough is rising you can do some laundry or anything else you like. Multi-tasking is a necessity for sure!
Here are all my tips and tricks for making yeast dough are as follows:
1. Yeast needs sugar to bloom. For every tablespoon of yeast, you need 1 tsp of sugar. When you dissolve your yeast and sugar into very warm water make sure you use shower temperature. If it’s too hot or too cold for what you like in a shower then it’s too hot or cold for the yeast. Approx 105 degrees
2. When it’s time to let the dough rise I always turn my oven to 200 before I start to even make the dough. As soon as it reaches 200 turns it off. By the time your dough is made and ready the temp should be perfect. Take a dishcloth and get it wet with hot water. Wring the towel out very very very well. Place over the bowl that you are going to let the dough rise in. Place the bowl in the warm oven. Walk away. Seriously Walk away. Don’t be tempted to keep checking in on it.
3. If you need to do a second rise, which I almost always do, you don’t need to preheat the oven. The residual heat will be just fine.
What is your favorite sweet roll to eat for breakfast? It’s so fun to know what you like! It helps me create more recipes that will make you drool.
Step by Step Directions. It looks like a long list but it’s not. I give you foolproof steps to getting your yeast dough perfect!
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- 1 tsp sugar + 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shower temp water
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups AP flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup leftover Holiday Cranberry Sauce or canned pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Don’t forget to read my tips and tricks in the post!
- preheat oven to 200 Once it reaches temp turn off
- while the oven is heating
- in a mixer place the yeast and 1 tsp of sugar with the 1/2 cup hot water
- give a quick whisk and let sit for 10 min the yeast will bloom and get frothy
- add in the 2 eggs and 1/3 cup sugar
- with the dough hook attachment
- slowly start to add the flour and milk alternating make sure to end with the flour
- mix on low for 5 to 6 min
- meanwhile, grease a bowl large enough for the dough to rise and double
- your dough should be a little sticky but pulling away from the bowl
- dust the counter lightly with flour
- coat your hands with flour and turn the dough out of the bowl
- knead the dough 12 or so times until no longer sticky and springs back when pulled
- place in the bowl with the warm damp towel in the warm oven for 60 min
- it should have doubled in size Punch down
- grease a 9″ pie plate
- and flour hands and counter again
- knead a few times then roll out to 1/2″ thick in as close to a rectangle as you can get
- spread the cranberry sauce all over leaving a 1/4″ around the edges
- roll up tightly as possible It’s ok if it gets a little messy
- with a very sharp knife cut into 1″ slices and place in the prepared pie dish
- put back in the oven to rise for 30 more min
- turn oven to 350 and let sweet rolls cook for 25-30 min
- take out and let cool completely
- whisk together the powdered sugar and vanilla and eggnog
- pour over sweet rolls
- serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply