Everyone loves a good warm soup this time of year. It’s getting colder and you need it to warm your bellies. But it’s Wednesday Night and the kids have music lessons, homework, last week’s laundry has merged with this week’s, who has time to caramelize onions and let a soup simmer all day? Not you, Not this week! French Onion Soup Casserole is the perfect solution!
If you love french onion soup you are really going to LOVE French Onion Soup Casserole. Full of all the great flavors that you love about the soup, but baked into one easy casserole. Busy weeknights are all about the quick, easy, and great tasting options. You are going to be making this over and over again. Take this to a Pot Luck and they will beg you to bring it again!
Beefy, oniony, cheesy, and oh so so good! This casserole will fill you up and it won’t slow you down. Make with egg noodles or you could even substitute for rice. Just make sure everyone comes to the table with a big appetite because they are going to want seconds…….. maybe even thirds!
You can use Gruyere cheese, but that gets a little spendy….. I use swiss cheese as a perfect substitute. Swiss doesn’t set me back $10 a pound!
Read Also:- French Onion Soup Casserole Recipe
What’s your favorite go-to busy weeknight casserole? It’s so fun to know what you like! It helps me create more recipes that will make you drool.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- salt pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bag of egg yolk noodles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- boil and drain noodles set aside
- preheat oven to 350
- brown and drain ground beef
- in a bowl combine ground beef, salt, and pepper, garlic powder
- pour in the beef broth and dry onion soup mix
- stir and combine all
- grease a 9 x 13 baking dish
- layer the noodles, then the beef mixture, spread cheese on top
- bake 25- 30 min until heated through and cheese is all melty
- broil for 3 min to get a brown crust on the cheese if desired