Thanksgiving is right around the corner and Pumpkin desserts are all the rage! I don’t think I ever tire of Pumpkin Pie anything. I wish I could have it year-round. So when pumpkin is in the season I tend to go a little crazy! Pumpkin Pie Lush is going to make you wish it was Autumn all year long.
Pumpkin Pie Lush is a light alternative to the heavy desserts that are around this time of year. Don’t get me wrong I love all the heavy desserts, but my waistline is not appreciative. Although probably not light in calories is it is lighter in how it won’t sit in your belly and make you moan. “Why did I have that last bite?!”
Pumpkin Pie Lush is full of all the flavor of pumpkin pie and the light and fluffy layers of a lush. Gingersnap crust, sweet cream cheese, pumpkin pudding, and a light whipped topping! Everything you love about lushes and pumpkin pie are all rolled up in one fantastic dessert.
I do have to give full disclosure, the slice you see in the photograph is frozen. I like to freeze my lushes first. They slice up nicer and keep their shape. When you have to photograph everything you make finding ways to make food look good is very important.
Read Also:- Banana Cream Pie Lush Recipe
You don’t need to freeze if you don’t want to. The layers will still stay together, just not pretty enough to photo. If you do freeze just let come up to room temp before cutting and serving. It was really hard to get my knife through all the frozen layers.
Sometimes I can’t decide which layer is my favorite. Is it the gingersnap cookie crust? The creamy sweet cream cheese layer? Oh, I know that amazing Pumpkin Pie pudding, or wait is the light fluffy whipped topping? Ahh, it’s too hard to decide! Luckily I love them all so much that I don’t have to choose and can just enjoy each and every layer together.
What is your favorite Pumpkin Dessert this time of year?
Thanks for reading! Are you following The Latest Kitchen Ideas on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram? I’d love to connect with you, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from The Plaid & Paisley Kitchen, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
Did you make a recipe from the blog? Don’t forget to snap a photo of it and tag #LatestKitchenIdeas on social media! I’d love to see what you’re making!
Pumpkin Pie Lush Recipe
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies for the crust
- 1/2 stick butter melted for the crust
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese for the cream cheese layer
- 1 cup sugar for the cream cheese layer
- 1 tbsp vanilla for the cream cheese layer
- 1 4 oz package of instant pumpkin spice pudding for the cream cheese layer
- 1 8 oz tub of cool whip thawed for the cream cheese layer
- Make the Pudding according to directions let chill for 2-3 hours to really set up
- preheat oven to 350
- grease an 8×8 baking dish
- in a food processor pulse the gingersnap cookies to crumbs
- mix in the 1/2 cup of melted butter once all crumbs are moist
- Press into the bottom of the greased dish
- bake for 20 min
- set aside and let cool
- mix the cream cheese and sugar and vanilla
- spread on the cooled crust
- spread on the pudding
- then spread on the cool whip
- place in the freezer if you want to make slices for 3 hours
- or in the fridge overnight if you are ok with scooping
Leave a Reply