I am so excited that fall is officially here and that the temperature is heading down! This always brings my appetite up and my slow cooker out. With Football season well underway and the World Series headed into game 6, it’s time to have all your friends over for a big party. At a big party, you need to feed those hungry mouths with some good and hearty food.
Having lived in Memphis, TN for most of my life I am kinda fussy about the BBQ I eat. Now that I live in Kansas City, where they have such a different style, I take every chance I can get to have the Southern way. When ordering long distance from The Germantown Commissary is out of the question I make my own.
Tender slow-cooked meat in the perfect blend of spices is a perfect Sports watching food. Adding in your own homemade BBQ makes it even better.
Read Also:- Roasted Tomato Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
I use spices that I am sure that you have in your pantry right now. Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Chili Powder, Smoked Paprika.
To get that perfect taste I cook the pork roast in apple cider vinegar and beer! It might seem like a strange concoction but trust me when I say that you can not go wrong with Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe. The way we eat BBQ in Memphis! Cole Slaw on the sandwich.
This is the Latest Kitchen Ideas original recipe. Please feel free to make and share. All photos and content are copyrighted.
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp of each: salt, pepper, cumin, smoked paprika
- 2 tsp of each: onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle of beer (any beer is fine I used an IPA)
- varying amounts of water
- leave the string on the pork roast
- mix all the spices in a small bowl
- rub the spices all over the roast
- place in the slow cooker
- pour in the cider vinegar and beer
- add enough water to take the liquid just to the top of the roast
- set cooker to slow and leave for 7-8 hours
- when ready cut string off the roast and the meat will just fall apart
- use two forks to shred the meat
- use in sandwiches or BBQ plates or just however you love your Q!