I know that this is not a new or original recipe. If you have been to a Pampered Chef party then you have had a version of this. Sometimes it’s a ring, sometimes it’s individual bites. I really don’t care how you present this it is just plain darn good! I love Mexican food. Well, let me rephrase that…. I love Tex-Mex. I am not a fan of those Mexican restaurants that claim to be Authentic.
But, I seriously doubt they are. Those places seem to be so bland….there is no spice to the taco meat or the shredded chicken. It’s just plain ground beef and plain chicken. blah blah blah….. I have read more than one cookbook in my life and nowhere has a Mexican recipe called for boring or plain non-seasoned meat. How they can claim they are Authentic I am uncertain. When I think of Mexican food I conjure up images of fresh, spicy, colorful dishes that delight both the palate and the eye! Think of Rick Bayless or Bobby Flay. Their recipes certainly have a ton of flavor packed into them and they certainly are pleasing to the eye!
In my opinion, the best export from Texas has been the blending of traditional Mexican and Cowboy style cooking. The term Tex-Mex makes me think of hot and spicy and plenty of bold flavors shining through. That is the kind of Mexican Food I want to dig into. I also love New-Mexican! Remember my obsession with Hatch Chiles? Oh, how I want to dig into a plate of Chicken Fajita Enchilada’s right now!
Read Also:- Buffalo Wing Hoagies Recipe
I love the bright colors and flavors of this dish! It is a great easy weeknight meal and the family will love it! You can serve it with a side of Chips and my Black Bean and Cheese Dip, or throw in the crockpot of everyone’s favorite Queso! Make it as spicy as you want or you can tone it down for little ones. However, you like it just make this! Even though it is a recipe you have had or made before, bring it back into rotation as this is a Family Weeknight Classic! So when everyone is Clamouring for Taco Night and you are not in the mood to make all the little bowls of topping that Taco Night requires, make Taco Salad Pizza!
Taco Salad Pizza Recipe
- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey (you can even use tofu)
- 1 package of Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup salsa (use your favorite)
- 1/2 cup Taco Sauce (I use green Chile Sauce)
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup light or fat free sour cream (you can use full fat, but why would you?)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Black Olives for garnishing
- Separate the triangles of both cans of Rolls and place on a Pizza Stone or pan with the smaller ends facing in and they all make a round circle when complete. Press the seams together gently with your hands. You may have a few triangles left over depending on the size of the pan you have.
- Bake at 375 for 18 min
- Remove and let cool
- While cooling brown your meat choice
- I add the taco seasoning while it is cooking. I don't wait for the meat to get brown first. I think that doing it this way really infuses the flavor all through the meat and not just on top
- Drain the grease off and then add the salsa
- heat through
- on your "Pizza Dough" spread the sour cream almost to the edge
- then layer your lettuce
- then the meat
- then the tomato
- then the taco sauce
- then the cheese
- then the olives
- Really you can layer it in any order you want. This is just how I do it
- I hope your family enjoys Taco Salad Night!