On Wednesday I posted my Homemade Veggie Stock. I had planned to post this on Friday….. but you know…. life and stuff get in the way of my blogging…… making me very cranky! If I could I would stay home and bake and cook and Blog all day every day!!! Too bad this doesn’t make any money! One day….. One Day…… Hmmmmmm
Oh ok, I am awake now! Sorry for the daydreaming! Where was I? oh yeah….. So this is Friday’s post…. On Sunday!
Read Also:- Tortellini Tomato Bisque and a Giveaway Recipe
This soup was made with my Home Made Veggie Stock and a bunch of different vegetables! You can substitute add or delete any combination of veggies you would like. This is a true Vegetarian recipe so Vegans and those on the Paleo diets can indulge in this Soup.
Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 8 cups veggie stock
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 zucchini diced
- 2 yellow squash diced
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 head of cauliflower roasted (in oven at 375 with olive oil salt and pepper for 25 min)
- 1 28 oz can tomato puree
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- mini shell shaped pasta (any shape will work)
- salt and pepper, garlic and onion powder for taste
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- in a large stock pot heat olive oil and cook celery, carrots, and onions till tender
- add 1 tbsp more olive oil and add the zucchini and squash, shallot, and salt and pepper, cook till slightly brown
- add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil
- reduce heat cover and simmer for 1/-2 hours
- serve with a nice crusty loaf of bread!
Leave a Reply